Thursday, July 25, 2013

She's Gone Country

I don't know what is happening to me. I'm getting this itch--and no, I'm not coming down with something. Unless you consider Going Country a sickness. The longer we live in Tennessee, the more I listen to country music and now--deep breath--I'm dying to buy some cowboy boots.

I know. I never thought I would be that girl. I'm from Texas for goodness sake and I never wanted anything to with country anything my entire existence there. But now, there's just something tugging at me to embrace something new. Something down-home, country-fried, and dirty. I even told the hubs he could get a truck if he wanted to. A Truck for Heaven's sake! I hate trucks!

I don't know about this country thing--maybe I just like the honesty in the lyrics and a good glass of sweet iced tea. It's not pretentious; it knows just who it is, why it wants to get dirty, and what it means to be free.

And the shoes are to die for.


No comments:

Post a Comment