Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Getting Dressed

As much as I loves clothes, sometimes I really despise getting dressed. So many times, I feel like I'm dressing for other people rather than myself and it makes me take pause. Sadly, I covet that all-too-familiar phrase, "You look so cute today" and it drives me keep making up outfits to please others. Trends come and go and I hate that I still get sucked in with the masses. I am at an age where I should be coming into my own sense of style; my identity should be partially evident in the clothing I choose but it's not. I am all. over. the. place. Honestly, to some extent, that does describe my current mental state; I have no idea what happens after we leave this place we've called home, I don't know if I'm walking the right career path, and I also want to start a family. One day I'm cheerful, youthful, and bright. The next, it's black dresses, chunky sweaters, and boots. Is it bad that I can't make up my mind when it comes to a "style?" Should I even be worried about this in my later 20's?

If were brutally truthful here, I'd stay in my pajamas all day. With a bun. Unless someone had to see me, then it's mascara and faux leather all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment