Monday, March 31, 2014


Wow. I can't believe that Spring Break has come and gone already. There was so much build up for that week off and all of sudden it's been spent! We had a great time though, and due to my laziness/dealing with a sick sister I don't have pictures yet from our trip.

We knew it a nightmare was coming, but nothing could have prepared us for that rush-hour Atlanta traffic. Lucky for us, we avoided it most of the time and only had two scary almost incidents that took my breath away. Let's just say that I'm glad the hubs was driving and that he is a much more patient driver than I am. I know it's wrong, but the bird would've been flying if I'd been the pilot!!!

Let me tell you, The Varsity was everything we wanted it to be. The counter seemed to be a mile long, but thankfully we came on a Monday at 1:00pm so it wasn't too busy. They really do ask, "What'll ya have!" I had a delicious chili-cheese dog with fries and hubs had a hamburger and onion rings. Oh. Em. Gee. Those rings were the tastiest I've ever had--the breading on the outside is excellent--crispy and not too salty with a really rich flavor.

The zoo turned out to be fairly mediocre. We've been to zoos in several states now, so I'll admit our standards are bit higher than most. The sun was warm and shining for the first time in forever so most of the animals were snoozing during our visit. It was enjoyable, but they definitely need a facelift!

Georgia Aquarium was incredible. This was Joshua's first visit and my second, but it did not disappoint. They added a Dolphin show since the last time I was there and it was breathtaking. Sure, it was cheesy and written for children, but I'm softy and I teared up multiple times. I also enjoyed the Beluga whales as they played and swam against the glass. Josh's favorite part was the giant tank with the Whale Sharks. We both sat on the floor in front of the glass with the rest of the children and just stared in wonder.

 Upon return, we started the process of packing--although my heart sings for the chance to organize, packing is a whole other story. I hate boxing up my life and deciding what needs to be used now and what can be tucked away. We've managed 7 boxes so far, sadly it's all from the "crap" room where half the stuff was in boxes anyway.

The icing on the cake for the week though was the return of my baby sister. She went on a mission trip to NY with her social club and several students came back with food poisoning. I had to witness my poor baby sister sitting on the steps of the bus with her hands on the glass, tears falling down her little cheeks. She hasn't been this sick at school before and I'm really thankful we were around when she needed us. This was my first experience with a "sick child" and it was so worrisome. I didn't sleep at all--not even when she slept. I just laid in the bed waiting for the sound of the door opening so I could rush to the bathroom and make sure she was ok. Thankfully, we made it through and everyone is recovering nicely.

I'll try to get pictures up as soon as I can but it's going to a struggle to weed out my favorite ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment