Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Plus One

The Plus One by Me

Tag a Long
Seat Filler
Dead Weight
Third Wheel

Ok, so that's not really true, but maybe deep down a little tiny piece of me feels that way. I'm the kind of person that likes to be somewhere for a reason. My mind is always going and to be idle is a foreign concept to me. There must be something to do and something to think about otherwise I feel like I don't belong in my space. Somehow, in our three years of marriage we are going to our first wedding as a couple but we won't be spending it together. Joshua is in the wedding party and I am not (the groom is a mutual friend, but more so Joshua's friend than mine) and yes, it might be the whiny wife in me, but it's driving me a tad crazy. Truth be told, I am beyond ecstatic for our friend to get married--I only wish the Wedding Day Itinerary extended to the "Plus Ones." Sadly, I'll be wiling away the hours on a chip and chocolate filled bender, watching my only source of comfort: Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives--if I'm lucky. If not, I'll still be covered in snack crumbs while I flip through the 10 cable channels that are worth watching.

I know, pathetic much? I just can't seem to help it. Try as I might to get excited about this weekend, I just keep thinking about all of the wedding-rush filled wonderfulness that Josh will be experiencing while I wait until the last minute to curl my hair...

Here's hoping I don't get lost driving myself to the ceremony! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment